Saturday, May 17, 2014

My Natural Hair Journey :)

My Big Chop.

I have been natural almost 4 years, I big chopped last year early august, if you do not know what a big chop is, its when a girl cuts off all her chemically treated hair, so that it what i did..cut it all off and I didn't regret a thing, when I stepped out of the salon..I expected something. laughing at me, rude remarks.. I did not get that. it was odd and refreshing..I always had short hair, I never knew how liberating it could be to not have to hide behind my relaxed hair. I did get stares, I live in a very rural area where most women wear weaves or hair is very relaxed. SO people automatically assumed I was sick, crazy or go5t67ing lesbian haha.. -.-

BUT i embraced it and it was so much fun watching my hair grow little by little.. :)
So I love the freedom and confidence I gained from being natural instead of the lack of  overall self esteem I had when my hair was relaxed and constantly wearing weaves to be like all the other girls, so I would not be bullied..

Now I don't care what anyone says, I fully embrace my natural side. I would say that's pretty good growth length

me now :)                                                                                            big chop back then :D

No comments:

Post a Comment